Emseal Emshield SecuritySeal SSW2
Fire Rated Pick Resistant Wall Expansion Joint Designed to Resist Vandalism
A pick resistant fire rated expansion joint and joint sealant, SecuritySeal SSW2 is watertight, has built-in 2-hour fire resistance, and high-movement for vertical-plane locations requiring a hardened tamper-resistant surface. Walls such as those found in prisons, detention centers, medical and psychiatric hospitals, school facilities and day-care centers are some of the many venues where SecuritySeal SSW2 is the perfect choice.
SecuritySeal SSW2 features dual-sided, pick resistant, hardened flexible polyurethane sealing surfaces adhered to a fire-retardant impregnated foam backing. Both sides of the expansion joint are waterproof and fire-rated.
SecuritySeal SSW2 is a 2-hour UL-certified fire barrier and preformed alternate to fire caulk and fire stop materials.
SecuritySeal SSW2 eliminates the need for fire blankets, mineral wools, liquid sealants, or other fire stop materials. It can be used alone or behind any other expansion joint cover, plate or filler where depth of substrate allows.
Installed entirely from the surface of the joint, SecuritySeal SSW2 vastly simplifies installation, project sequencing and coordination of trades by eliminating the need for access staging or obstruction by installation and presence of under-slab mechanical systems.
Non-invasive anchoring vastly simplifies installation and project sequencing. SecuritySeal SSW2 pick resistant fire rated wall expansion joint is tested and certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL), to the rigors of UL 2079 for wall and head-of-wall expansion joints.
- Pick Resistant
- Tamper Resistant
- Non-invasive anchoring
- Sound attenuating STC 62; OITC 52
- Resists hurricane force wind & water
- Low-Tension silicone and foam hybrid sealant
- Rapid installation–new or retrofit
- Aesthetically and practically versatile
- Easily handles changes in plane and direction
- One product, One Install Does It All–fire-rated, watertight, airtight, 100% movement, quiet, non-invasive anchoring, UL 2079 Certified
1/2″ to 6″ (12 – 150mm)
Note: Sizes under 1 1/2″ (40mm) are manufactured with a single bellows. Larger sizes incorporate multiple bellows.
Product Depth for all sizes is 4-inches (100mm)
Total 100% (+50% and -50%) of nominal supplied size.
- Prisons, hospitals, detention centers, Psychiatric facilities,
- Schools, daycare centers, etc.
- Anywhere vandalism is a primary concern
- UL 2079 For Concrete, Masonry and Gypsum Walls
- Can be used alone or behind any joint covers
- Interior walls
- Exterior walls
- Suitable to all building types
- Stadiums and arenas
- Military facilities
- Schools, colleges, and universities
- Manufacturing, etc.