Carlisle CCW Fire Resist 705FR-A
Self-Adhered Sheet, Aluminum/HDPE Facer, Non-Permeable Air & Vapor Barrier
Fire Resist 705FR-A Air & Vapor Barrier is a 40-mil-thick (0.040 inch) self-adhered sheet air and vapor barrier composite membrane consisting of a rubberized-asphalt adhesive laminated to fire resistant aluminum foil/HDPE composite facer. In addition to being tough and dimensionally stable, the facer provides heat reflectivity and fi re resistance.
Fire Resist 705FR-A is provided in rolls of various widths lined with disposable silicone-coated release paper. The release paper is removed to expose the adhesive as the membrane is pressed in place. Fire Resist 705FR-A provides a complete barrier to moisture and air when adhered to an above-grade substrate. Cut sizes are also useful for other above-grade wall flashing applications. Fire Resist 705FR-A is cold applied and will adhere firmly when pressed against the substrate.
Features and Benefits
- Fire-resistant composition permits use in many NFPA 285 wall assemblies
- Toughness and 180-day UV resistance allows long exposure time and flexibility in schedule
- Factory-controlled composition provides uniform coverage and instant rain resistance after installation
- Self-adhering membrane provides easy, reliable installation
- No spray equipment or mil-thickness measurements required
- Membrane seals around fasteners and bridges cracks, providing an air- and water-tight assembly
- Fire Resist 705FR-A is a warranted air & vapor barrier system from Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing