WR Meadows Air-Shield LMP
Manufacturer: W. R. Meadows
Product Type: Liquid Permeable
Vapor Permeable Air Barrier
AIR-SHIELD LMP is a water-based air/liquid moisture barrier that cures to form a tough, seamless, elastomeric membrane.
- AIR-SHIELD LMP exhibits excellent resistance to air leakage.
- When properly applied as a drainage plane, AIR-SHIELD LMP prohibits liquid water intrusion into the substrate.
- AIR-SHIELD LMP has been specifically formulated to act as an air and liquid moisture barrier, allowing vapor to pass through it.
- It may be applied to most common surfaces and integrated into various wall systems. AIR-SHIELD LMP is suitable for both new construction and retrofit applications.
- Primary applications include cavity wall and masonry wall construction.
- AIR-SHIELD LMP works equally well as an air barrier on precast concrete, cast-in-place concrete, masonry (concrete block), interior and exterior gypsum board, Styrofoam, primed steel, aluminum mill finish, anodized aluminum, primed galvanized metal, drywall, and plywood.
- Non-asphaltic – designed to meet stringent fire code requirements.High permeability – allows the transmission of moisture vapor through porous building materials.
- Highly flexible – bridges cracks, which may form in the substrate.
- UV resistant – gray membrane can be left exposed up to six months. Black membrane can be exposed for an indefinite period and is ideal for exposed applications, such as beneath rain screen panels.
- User friendly – single-component, water-based technology allows for simple, safe application and easy cleanup.Liquid applied – simplifies detailing and assures a monolithic, seamless membrane when applied to a rough or smooth surface.
- Sprayable – with appropriately configured airless spray equipment – low application costs.Excellent adhesion – remains firmly bonded to the substrate, even when applied over damp surfaces.
- Self-sealing – Nails and fasteners can be used without compromising performance.
- Low VOC content.