Barriseal is an asphalt emulsion, non-permeable product.
Barriseal is a water-borne asphalt emulsion modified with a blend of synthetic polymers and special additives.
Barriseal is used as an air barrier, vapor barrier and water resistive barrier in above-grade wall assemblies. The product is applied through co-spray, 1-part spray or roller application to achieve a nominal 0.040-inch (40 mils) dry film thickness membrane.
Barriseal can be applied over masonry, concrete, exterior gypsum sheathing, plywood, OSB and many other common building materials.
The product is fully adhered to the substrate, flexible and rubber-like.
Features and Benefits
- Co-spray applied product has instant resistance to rain wash-off and can be applied in cool & damp conditions: Reliable all-season installation
- High water resistance of cured membrane: Permits use in high moisture exposure areas
- Non-flammable and fume-free composition: Contributes to safety during installation, legal in all 50 states
- Monolithic coverage and self-sealing properties around fasteners: Highly air- and water-tight installation
- Co-spray application covers large areas quickly, in a single coat: Reduces time and cost.
- Same product can be applied by co-spray, 1-part spray or roller: Versatile application, simplified inventory
- Barriseal is a warranted air/vapor barrier system from Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing