Carlisle CCW-705-TWF Thru-Wall Flashing
CCW-705-TWF Thru-Wall Flashing
The CCW-705-TWF Thru-Wall Flashing is a 40-mil-thick composite membrane consisting of a 32-mil self-adhering rubberized asphalt membrane laminated to a smooth surface, 8-mil, cross-laminated, high density polyethylene film. A siliconized release liner prevents the material from sticking together in the roll, and is easily removed for installation. CCW-705-TWF is available in convenient widths of 12″”, 18″”, 24″” and 36″”.
The factory-controlled quality ensures uniform thickness on the job, while the inherent waterproofing properties of the rubberized asphalt membrane provide an excellent water barrier. The heavy polyethylene film is resistant to cuts and tears. CCW-705-TWF Thru-Wall Flashing is designed to provide moisture management in cavity wall construction. The CCW-705 TWF system is installed to divert water to the exterior at interruptions/terminations of the cavity including base of wall, shelf angle, window head/sill and head of parapet wall. Its self-adhesive nature allows easy installation on concrete, masonry, gypsum, steel and wood substrates.
Features and Benefits
- The inherent durability of the 8-mil cross-laminated polyethylene film resists mechanical damage and ensures the integrity of the rubberized asphalt waterproofing membrane during subsequent wall construction
- CCW-705-TWF provides a waterproof barrier at flashing areas to prevent wall assembly leaks
- The membrane is fully adhered to the substrate to prevent lateral moisture migration
- The rubberized asphalt seals around fastener penetrations through the membrane
- CCW-705-TWF Thru-Wall Flashing is compatible with CCW’s membrane air barrier products—providing a complete system
- Detailing is easy to install, inspect and repair