WR Meadows Air-Shield LM
Manufacturer: W. R. Meadows
Product Type: Liquid Non-Permeable
Liquid Membrane Air/Vapor & Liquid Moisture Barrier
AIR-SHIELD LM is a single-component, liquid-applied, water-based, polymer-modified air/vapor and liquid moisture barrier.
- AIR-SHIELD LM cures to form a tough, seamless, elastomeric membrane, which exhibits excellent resistance to air and moisture transmission.
- AIR-SHIELD LM has been specifically formulated to act as an air/vapor and liquid moisture barrier within the building envelope. It may be applied to most common surfaces and integrated into various wall systems.
- AIR-SHIELD LM is suitable for both new construction and restoration. Primary applications include cavity wall and masonry wall construction.
- AIR-SHIELD LM works equally well as an air and/or vapor barrier on precast concrete, cast-in-place concrete, masonry (concrete block), interior and exterior gypsum board, Styrofoam, primed steel, aluminum mill finish, anodized aluminum, primed galvanized metal, drywall, and plywood.
- Low permeability – prevents the transmission of air and inhibits moisture and vapor from passing through porous building materials.
- Highly flexible – bridges cracks, which may form in the substrate.
- Environmentally compatible – AIR-SHIELD LM is non-toxic.User friendly – single-component, water-based technology allows for simple, safe application and easy cleanup.Liquid applied – simplifies detailing and assures a monolithic, seamless membrane when applied to a rough or smooth surface.
- Sprayable – with appropriately configured airless spray equipment – low application costs.Excellent adhesion – remains firmly bonded to the substrate, even when applied over damp surfaces
- VOC content is 0.0 g/L. Produces no harmful odors.
- Compatible with other asphalt-based emulsion products.
- May be applied to “green” concrete.
- Self-sealing – Nails and fasteners can be used without compromising performance.