Dowsil Defendair 200
Silicone Liquid Applied Air and Weather Barrier
Dowsil™ Defendair 200 is a 100% silicone liquid applied Air and Weather Barrier designed to protect against air infiltration and water penetration. The vapor permeable, one component, water-based coating cures to form a flexible membrane that is impervious to water but has the ability to “breathe,” allowing water vapor to escape from inside the substrate.The coating provides long-term protection from air and water infiltration; normal movement imposed by seasonal thermal contraction and expansion; ultraviolet radiation; and the elements.
The coating maintains its water protection properties even when exposed to sunlight, rain, snow, or temperature extremes. There is not a limit on exposure time before being covered by the exterior cladding.
Features and Benefits
- UV Resistant – long term resistance
- Provides long-term air and water protection properties even when exposed to sunlight, rain, snow, or temperature extremes
- Excellent Weatherability – temperature extremes of -15°F to 300°F
- Meets National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Class A Fire Rating NFPA 285 – Pass1
- Ease of Installation – one coat installation Air Tight – exceeds industry requirements
- Primerless adhesion on most substrates
- Elastomeric – accommodates building movement Seamless – cured membrane is continuous and does not form seams or laps
- Nail sealability
- Low VOC
- Compatibility – compatible with DOWSIL™ sealants, DOWSIL™ 123 Silicone Seal, DOWSIL™ Transition Strips, and DOWSIL™
- Molded Corners