BASF MasterSeal AWB 660 I
Manufacturer: Master Builders Solutions
Product Type: Liquid Non-Permeable
MasterSeal AWB 660 I air-/water-resistive barrier and Class 1 vapor retarder
MasterSeal AWB 660 I is a one component fluid-applied air/ water-resistive barrier that can also function as a Class I vapor retarder.
- Based on Silica Fortified Rubber™ chemistry, this water-resistant, resilient membrane may be spray-, roller-, or brush-applied directly to approved above grade wall substrates.
- It provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind most wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels, EIFS and stucco.
- Features of MasterSeal AWB 660 I air/water-resistive barrier and Class 1 vapor retarder
- Approved for projects requiring Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) performance specifications and quality assurance
- Meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements; fully qualified as an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material
- ICC-ESR 3310 evaluation report confirms compliance with IBC, IRC and IECC requirements
- Safe: water-based, low VOC and non-flammable
- Benefits of MasterSeal AWB 660 I
- As a liquid-applied, continuous membrane it eliminates seams, lap joints and staples; transmits wind load directly to the substrate
- Silica Fortified Rubber technology offers strength, durability and self-sealing properties and require you to apply less material to achieve effective functioning
- Can be applied at temperature at low as -4 °C (25 °F) when MasterSeal AWB 960 AC is added
- MasterSeal AWB 660 I qualifies as both an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material because it meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements
- Applicator friendly, quick applying and fast drying; it can be spray-, roller-, trowel- or brush-applied at low wet-film thickness
- Its textured surface allows sealants, adhesives and spray polyurethane foam to firmly bond to MasterSeal AWB 660 I