Carlisle-CCW Fire Resist Barritech NP
Fluid-applied. fire resistant air and vapor barrier.
Barritech NP is a fluid-applied membrane made of fire-retardent, synthetic polymer composition. Barritech NP is applied to exterior wall assemblies where it functions as an air barrier, vapor barrier and a water-resistive barrier. Barritech NP can be applied over concrete block, concrete, exterior gypsum sheathing, plywood, OSB and many other common building materials. The product is fully adhered to the substrate, flexible and rubber-like.
Barritech NP is a single-component, air-drying product applied by spray or roller at nominal 0.040″ (40 mils) dry film thickness. The high film thickness and flexible, elastic properties enable Barritech NP to bridge cracks and seal around penetrations, which creates a truly continuous, monolithic air, vapor and water barrier.
Features and Benefits
- Fire-retardant composition permits use in many wall assemblies requiring NFPA 285
- Dries to a distinctive dark blue color for easy identification (light blue color when wet)
- Tough construction and 180-day UV resistance allows flexibility in schedule
- High water resistance of cured membrane permits use in high moisture exposure areas
- Non-flammable & fume-free composition contributes to safety during installation
- Easy, water clean-up of tools & equipment reduces harmful chemicals on the jobsite
- Spray-through standard, one-part equipment provides a simple and quick installation
- Monolithic coverage and self-sealing properties around fasteners enable an air and watertight installation
- Non-asphalt composition permits contact with many window and joint sealants.
Barritech NP is a warranted air/vapor barrier system from Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing