Sika SikaFlex 1A
Sikaflex-1a is a premium-grade, solvent-free, high-performance, moisture-cured, 1-component, polyurethane-based, non-sag elastomeric sealant.
Sikaflex-1a is a premium-grade, solvent-free, high-performance, moisture-cured, 1-component, polyurethane-based, non-sag elastomeric sealant. Sikaflex-1a can be used in green and damp concrete applications. Meets Federal SpecificationTT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A. Meets ASTM C-920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 35, use T, NT, O, M, G, I.
WHERE TO USE
- Specifically formulated to be used in joints where concrete has only been placed for 24 hours or in damp concrete applications.
- Designed for all types of joints where maximum depth of sealant will not exceed 1/2 in.
- Excellent for small joints and fillets, windows, door frames, reglets, flashing, common roofing detail applications, and many construction adhesive applications.
- Suitable for vertical and horizontal joints; readily placeable at 40°F.
- Has many applications as an elastic adhesive between materials with dissimilar coefficients of expansion.
- Submerged conditions, such as canal and reservoir joints.
CHARACTERISTICS & ADVANTAGES
- Eliminates time, effort, and equipment for mixing, filling cartridges, pre-heating or thawing, and cleaning of equipment.
- Fast tack-free and final cure times.
- High elasticity – cures to a tough, durable, flexible consistency with exceptional cut and tear -resistance.
- Stress relaxation.
- Excellent adhesion – bonds to most construction materials without a primer.
- Excellent resistance to aging, weathering.
- Proven in tough climates around the world.
- Can be applied to green concrete 24 hours after pour.
- Can be applied to damp concrete 1 hour after getting wet Odorless, non-staining.
- Jet fuel resistant.
- Certified to the NSF/ANSI Standard 61 for potable water.
- Urethane-based; suggested by EPA for radon reduction.
- Paintable with water-, oil- and rubber-based paints.
- Capable of ±35% joint movement.
- 10.1 fl. oz. (300 mL) Cartridge
- 20 fl. oz. uni-pac Sausages