Emseal Emshield DFR3
Single-Unit, 3-Hour, UL2079 fire and water resistant expansion joint system for floors and decks.
A fire rated expansion joint, Emshield DFR3 is a watertight, traffic durable primary seal for repair, retrofit, and new installation in structural expansion joints and construction joints in horizontal-plane applications.
Emshield DFR3 is a 3-hour UL-certified fire barrier. (For 2-hour rating see Emshield DFR2)
Emshield DFR3 eliminates the need for fire blankets, mineral wools, liquid sealants, cover plates, or other fire stop materials. It can be used alone or under any other expansion joint cover, plate or filler where depth of substrate allows.
Installed entirely from the deck surface, Emshield DFR3 vastly simplifies installation, project sequencing and coordination of trades by eliminating the need for access staging or obstruction by installation and presence of under-slab mechanical systems.
Emshield DFR3 is tested and certified by Underwriters Laboratories (UL), to the rigors of UL 2079 for deck and floor expansion joints.
Where UL tested listings do not meet your specific project conditions ask EMSEAL for an engineered judgement.
- Traffic durable
- ADA Compliant
- 3-Hour Fire Rated to UL 2079
- Applications beyond UL Listing by engineered judgment
- Non-invasive anchoring
- Installed entirely from the deck or floor above–no utility lifts or holding labor required
- No obstructions columns or underslab obstructions from HVAC, electrical, plumbing or mechanical materials
- Eliminates the need for fire blankets and gutters
- Meets the requirements of ASTM E1966, ASTM E119 and ASTM E1399
- One Install Does It All–fire-rated, watertight, traffic bearing, 50% movement, quiet, non-invasive anchoring, UL 2079 Certified for decks and floors
1/2″ to 4″ (12 – 100mm)
Depth of Seal for all sizes: 4″ (100mm)
Up to 50% Total (+25% and -25% of nominal supplied size)
- For floors and decks
- Interior and open air
- Parking decks
- Stair tower perimeters
- Stair/elevator tower perimeters
- Interior floors under joint covers
9,528,262 (for tunnel applications. See TFR-RWS)